Deulofeu begs for Milan return

Deulofeu begs for Milan return

January 23, 2018 Off By Sports Writer

Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu is holding out for a January move to AC Milan, according to reports.

Deulofeu could be leaving the Spanish club just six months after resigning for the club due to his failure to get into Ernesto Valverde’s starting eleven.

According to various reports last week, the former Everton man’ agent was in Naples on Wednesday trying to get a deal done, however, Barca refused to lower their asking price and the Serie A outfit have now reportedly moved their attentions elsewhere.

Deulofeu is now said to have told Barca and former club AC Milan – that he wants to return to the San Siro.

The Spaniard spent last season on loan at AC Milan so if he was to move to the Italian league he would know how to play in the league.

With the arrival of Ousmane Dembele in the summer and now Phillipe Coutinho in this winter window, the playing time for the Spaniard is set to be further shortened.

Only having rejoined the club from Everton in the summer for £12m he has only made nine appearances for Ernesto Valverde’s side.

Although he has been assured he is in the plans of national team manager Julen Lopetegui, he has been told he must be playing regularly to be considered for the World Cup in the summer.

WHY NOT READ:   Dembele receives fine for leaving German house 'a mess'