Lewandowski drawn to discuss Real Madrid links once more

Lewandowski drawn to discuss Real Madrid links once more

February 19, 2018 Off By Sports Writer

Polish international Robert Lewandowski has once again been forced to discuss his future after links of a move to Real Madrid.

The lack of form and goals from Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo has become a big worry for club president Florentino Perez, who is reportedly now coming up with various ideas to replace the tried and trusted trident.

Bale has struggled heavily with injuries in the last 12 months, whilst Benzema and Ronaldo’s form on the pitch this season has been less than impressive, with the latter now said to be keen on a summer return to Premier League side Manchester United.

Whilst those links are still surfacing regarding Ronaldo; Madrid’s desire to sign Neymar is growing.

The former Barcelona man left the Camp Nou last summer in a sensational move to Paris Saint Germain, but many reports claim that move was a stepping stone before a assumed arrival in the Spanish capital.

Marca now believe that the former Santos forward could be joined by Hazard and Lewandowski.

Chelsea forward Hazard is currently debating over a new contract at Stamford Bridge, whilst Polish international Lewandowski has been linked with Madrid previously.

WHY NOT READ:   Isco pushes Modric for Ballon d'Or

“I’m not thinking about my future or any of that (transfer) talk right now,” Lewandowski told Kicker.

“I play for Bayern Munich and I want to give everything to the club, that is all I am focused on.

“If I were to think about the speculation linking me to Madrid then I would lose my focus and priority, which would impact my performances.”

The 29-year-old Polish striker’s current deal at the Allianz Arena is due to expire in 2021.