Atleti and Sevilla make major play for Hazard

Atleti and Sevilla make major play for Hazard

February 27, 2018 Off By Sports Writer

Atletico Madrid and Sevilla have both made contact with Borussia Monchengladbach over the potential transfer of Thorgan Hazard.

The Belgian youngster has been in good form this season, scoring eight goals in 26 appearances for the Bundesliga side and both La Liga clubs have been paying close attention to his performances.

Brother to Chelsea midfielder Eden, Hazard was expected to return to Stamford Bridge after being sold by the English club in 2015 to the German outfit, however, that return never materialised.

Atleti, who are keen to add depth to their squad after the sales of Yannick Carrasco and Nico Gaitan earlier this week, are said to be preparing a genuine move, whilst Sevilla boss Vincenzo Montella is said to be a keen admirer.

Having been linked with a summer exit from Borussia Park, Hazard was forced to comment on his future, as cited by Diario AS.

“We will look at my situation at the end of the campaign,” the 24-year-old said.

“There may be clubs who are interested in me but that is not for now and my father will take care of this sort of issue.”

Hazard, who began his career with French side Lens, moved to Chelsea in 2012, following his brother to the Premier League.

WHY NOT READ:   Eibar 1-0 Leganes: Visitors sit rock bottom with one point out of five

He made no appearances for the English club, being loaned out to Zulte Waregem on a two-year development plan, but Chelsea opted to sell him following that stint.

During his four years in Germany, Hazard has played in over 100 games, scoring an impressive 30 goals and assisting on 30 occasions.

He has represented Belgium at all ages, plus gained seven senior caps for his country, scoring once.