Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has been told he will not be allowed to leave for Real Madrid this summer.
The Polish striker has been long linked with a move to Santiago Bernabeu and with club president Florentino Perez’ growing desire to make changes this summer – it was reported that a deal had been struck last week.
Lewandowski’s agent Pini Zahavi was reported to have agreed terms with Madrid over his clients move after the World Cup in Russia, with Bayern Munich left to sanction the deal and inform Madrid of a transfer fee.
It was also reported that a two-year deal has been agreed with the option to extend for a further year, included.
But, German media Kicker have now said that the German club have put a stop to the deal, claiming they know nothing of Madrid’s supposed interest.
His potential arrival in Madrid could seal an exit for French striker Karim Benzema this summer after poor form in the league, whilst question marks over Gareth Bale’s future are still lingering.
The 29-year-old Polish striker’s current deal at the Allianz Arena is due to expire in 2021, whilst there is no release clause installed in his deal.
Both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich avoided each other on Friday morning in the Champions League quarter-final draw, seeing the former draw Italian side Juventus and the German club face off against Sevilla.