Inter’s refusal to discuss transfers changes as Rafinha and Cancelo deals developApril 9, 2018
Inter Milan want to sign both Rafinha and Joao Cancelo on permanent deals this summer, the club have discussed.
Cancelo has been on a season long loan with the Milanese giants, who have the option of making the move permanent for €35m.
The Italian club had disciplined the Portuguese international earlier this season after a number of problems in training, but it is understood they are now keen to keep hold of his services.
Whilst, Rafinha’s loan move from Barcelona is said to have been success with the Brazilian international impressive club officials with his performances and impact.
Inter have previously refused to discuss transfers ahead of the summer window, but sporting director Piero Ausilio has since commented on the two loan players.
“We promised not to talk about the transfer market until May 20, and that goes for both players coming in or going out,” Ausilio told Mediaset Premium.
“Rafinha and Joao Cancelo are important players for Inter, we want to build the future and know these are very high buy-out clauses, but we’ll work out our strategies later on.”
A permanent deal for Rafinha would seemingly be simple – however Cancelo’s proposed deal all depends on Valencia’s move for Geoffrey Kondogbia, who is on loan with the Mestalla outfit.
Valencia officials want to secure the French midfielder’s services, but a proposed deal depends on both players wishes, plus transfer funds with the La Liga club dependent on Champions League qualification.
Inter currently sit fifth in the Serie A table, battling for Champions League qualification with Roma and Lazio.