Pellegrino awaits Alaves trial outcome as Leganes wait patiently

Pellegrino awaits Alaves trial outcome as Leganes wait patiently

May 27, 2018 Off By Sports Writer

Former Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino is awaiting the outcome of his trial against former club Alaves over unpaid wages and bonuses.

The Argentine coach filed a complaint against his former club in November last year, claiming that he and his assistants had failed to be paid an amount of €500,000 for guiding his former club to the Copa del Rey final in 2017.

Pellegrino and his assistants failed to find an agreement with Alaves over the dispute and therefore it has been settled in court, with a decision set for next week.

The 46-year-old claims he, along with four of his assistants, Xavier Tamarit, Carlos Compagnucci, David Rodríguez and Javier López Vallejo should have received a bonus, which comes around €100,000 each.

Pellegrino left Alaves to move to Premier League side Southampton, where he was sacked in March this year, but he is now subject of interest from Leganes, who have offered him a deal.

The Madrid based club saw Asier Garitano leave for Real Sociedad earlier this week and they have attempted to move quickly to replace the talented coach.

46-year-old Pellegrino is currently without a job after a dismal time in England, following spells with Valencia, Estudiantes, Independiente and Alaves.

WHY NOT READ:   Valencia 1-1 Leganes: VAR effect at the Mestalla

The Argentine is understood to be in Spain at present and is said to be weighing up the job offer submitted by the Buturque outfit.

A decision is said to be set for the next few days, leaving Leganes nervously waiting.