Clement Lenglet holds meeting over future after Barca links

Clement Lenglet holds meeting over future after Barca links

June 7, 2018 Off By Sports Writer

Clement Lenglet has held lengthy meetings with his agent after being given the chance to join Barcelona this summer.

According to multiple sources including The Sun and Mundo Deportivo, Barca have agreed a five year deal with the French centre back and talks over contract terms are now said to have been taking place.

However, following Machin’s arrival at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan earlier this week – the Frenchman has held off for now.

Lenglet reportedly wants to wait until Machin has outlaid his plans in Andalusia, where are optimism is high after a poor run under Vincenzo Montella in La Liga.

Barca, who are keen on bringing the in-form defender into the Camp Nou this summer to add depth to their defensive areas – are now patiently waiting on news.

Meanwhile, in Catalonia – Samuel Umtiti is subject to fresh contract talks and has told the club that he wants his new and improved deal to be confirmed and agreed before the World Cup in 15 days time.

The futures of Thomas Vermaelen, Marlon Santos and Yerry Mina are now uncertain with a loan deal expected for the latter, whilst former Arsenal man Vermaelen and Santos are set to leave on permanent deals.

WHY NOT READ:   Girona 0-0 Real Valladolid: One way traffic not enough for opening day win for hosts