Global News 

Six players rescind Sporting contracts as Dost edges closer to Sevilla

Six players rescind Sporting Lisbon contracts as Bas Dost edges closer to Sevilla, according to club president Bruno de Carvalho.

Portugal international Rui Patricio, Daniel Podence, William Carvalho, Bruno Fernandes, Gelson Martins and Dost have all cancelled their contracts with the Portuguese club over the weekend.

The decision of each player comes after several incidents involving the club’s fans, which saw groups of Ultras attacking the players at the club’s training ground.

These outbursts came after Sporting failed to qualify for the Champions League, and a Facebook incident which involved all players earlier this year.

De Carvalho suspended 19 of the club’s players following the Facebook spat with the majority of the first team, who he criticised heavily via the social media platform.

Patricio, has been linked with a move to the Premier League, with Wolverhampton Wanderers keen, whilst Dost has been linked once again with Sevilla – making the Andalusian side’s chances of signing the striker greater than before, given his free transfer status.

De Carvalho reportedly told a press conference that: “We are sorry that Sporting is going through this situation, living in doubt, uncertainty, and anguish.”

READ:   Real Valladolid's Jaime Mata confirms Getafe switch

He asked the players to reconsider their move, and said he would give them until Friday to commit their futures to the club – however, it is expected that their decisions will not change.

Poll is Inactive

Related posts