Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde BildeBilde Bilde Bilde BildeBilde Bilde BildeBilde
Mallorca end three-game winless streak

Mallorca end three-game winless streak

The weekends action started at Iberostar Stadium as Mallorca ended their three-game winless streak with a great performance against Tenerife.

Mallorca started the game in ferocious fashion and put their opposition under tremendous pressure before taking the lead in the 4th minute after Salva Ruiz’s great play on left wing before his deep low cross found Aridai Cabrera who’s right footed shot found the the top right corner of the net.
Tenerife’s only decent attempt at goal came around the 15th minute mark after a cross from Suso Santana found Naranjo, whose header was brilliantly saved by Manolo Reina.

Vicente Moreno’s team soon retook control of the game especially along the right side of the pitch with Aridai and Gámez combining well and it was from an Aridai cross that the islanders extended their lead on 27 minutes with Lago Junior’s looping header.
The score stayed 2-0 until halftime.

The second half started with Tenerife aiming to reduce the deficit and eventually their efforts paid off with Mallorca conceding a own goal by Salva Ruiz following a Tenerife Corner.
Mallorca extended their lead almost immediately with a flowing counter attacking move down the right which was dispatched by Abdón Prats on the 55th minute.

WHY NOT READ:   Barcelona officials 'losing patience' with Dembele after medical 'no show'

Mallorca found themselves dominating the game more and more as the second half progressed and they scored their fourth with 10 minutes to go after Salva Sevilla won the ball on the half way line and threaded a pinpoint pass to Álex López who promptly lobbed the ball over Dani Hernández.

Tenerife by this time had given up the ghost and Mallorca dominated until the final whistle with the home crowd at the Estadi de Son Moix giving Vicente Moreno’s men a standing ovation as they left the field of play.