Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde BildeBilde Bilde Bilde BildeBilde Bilde BildeBilde
Athletic Bilbao not looking to bring back Llorente

Athletic Bilbao not looking to bring back Llorente

Athletic Bilbao are not looking to bring back Fernando Llorente, despite the striker’s recent talk of a desired return.

Eduardo Berizzo has suffered a poor start to the La Liga season and the defeat in the Basque derby last Friday to Real Sociedad has further dampened his start with the San Mames club.

Just one win sees them sit 17th in the league standings and talk of a number of potential January arrivals has quickly emerged.

Iker Muniain has three goals this season, whilst Aritz Aduriz injury problems have become a concern going forward; whilst Inaki Williams has failed to score at home this year.

With that being said, Llorente’s recent comments to media men in England have sparked talk of his potential return.

“Bilbao is my home, if I had an offer, I would value it,” he told reporters after the Tottenham Hotspur game with Barcelona last week.

Llorente’s current deal with Spurs ends next June so a cut-price move in January or a free transfer next summer could be on the card.┬áBut, club president Josu Urrutia is reportedly not keen and will look elsewhere.

Whilst Urrutia is not keen, upcoming elections at the Basque club which begin in December could see another candidate keen and bring the former Spanish international back to the club.

WHY NOT READ:   Granada vs Sevilla: Andalusian meeting opens up Friday's double header