Jose Luis Mendilibar will look to address six expiring player contracts following the game against Real Betis at the weekend.
Asier Riesgo, Jordi Calavera, Iván Ramis, Pape Diop, Charles and Sergi Enrich are all free to discuss terms with new clubs from January 1st and it will be an ‘urgent’ negotiation process to ensure none of them leave next summer.
Diop and Enrich are said to have already discussed terms and deals could be announced before the transfer window re-opens.
In-form Betis a challenge…
Los Armeros have drawn their last three games in La Liga but remain among a cluster of teams tightly grouped in midtable ahead of their clash with a Betis side who have lost just once since the start of November, 2-1 away at Villarreal.
The Seville club have also been in European action, which Eibar will hope to use to their advantage, with their players fresher after less midweek action.
Last year’s meeting at the Villamarin ended in a comfortable 2-0 home win for Betis but they were comprehensively beaten in the Basque country with Eibar hammering them by five goals to nil.
Junior Firpo is out for the hosts with a torn hamstring and he joins Andres Guardado on the sidelines for Saturday’s game but otherwise, Quique Setien has a fully fit squad to choose from.
For Eibar, Marko Dmitrovic and Pedro Leon remain sidelined through injury. Jordi Calavera doesn’t make the squad and will sit alongside the injured duo in the stands.
Ivan Ramis on the game and season so far…
“We have had good games,” Ramis told reporters ahead of Saturday’s game. “We have not been losing but we have to finish games off.
“We must improve and stop making easy mistakes. Betis are a good team that look to attack at speed and keep their defensive line in shape at all times. We have to be aggressive and attack them.”