Girona host Huesca on Saturday evening with the away side looking to push on from their 4-0 win over Real Valladolid last week.
Huesca have been bottom of La Liga for some-time now but they have remained positive on the pitch, culminating in a five star performance over Valladolid last week then they secured three points and a clean sheet.
Resting 20th on 15 points, many had expected Aragon based side to drop down to Segunda, however, that opinion has slightly changed given their recent form and it will now be over to the Montilivi to see if they can edge closer to nearest rivals Villarreal.
Girona have struggled to replicate their form from last season and sit dangerously close to the bottom three and they will know that a defeat and results elsewhere – could see them drop down.
A 3-0 defeat to Eibar last time out has many questionning if last season was a one off.
Team News – Girona
- Pedro Alcala is suspended for the home side, but Bernardo returns from his own ban to feature at centre-back.
- Valery is expected to continue at left wing-back, despite Carles Planas returning from injury.
- Aleix Garcia is expected to be preferred to Douglas Luiz in the middle of midfield.
Team News – Huesca
- Yangel Herrera is ineligible for the weekend due to a clause put into his loan deal by Manchester City.
- Damian Musto or new signing Juanpi could replace the Venezuelan midfielder in Francisco’s starting XI.
- Cucho Hernandez is suspended for the away side, meaning that Chimy Avila should partner Enric Gallego up top.
Girona: Bounou, Ramalho, Juanpe, Espinosa, Porro, Granell, Pons, Garcia, Fernandez, Portu, Stuani
Huesca: Santamaria, Etxeita, Pulido, Insua, Miramon, Juanpi, Rivera, Gomez, Galan, Avila, Gallego