Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde Bilde BildeBilde Bilde Bilde BildeBilde Bilde BildeBilde
Barcelona defender opens up Griezmann talk during international break

Barcelona defender opens up Griezmann talk during international break

Samuel Umtiti has said that he would like to see Antoine Griezmann join him at Barcelona this summer.

Rewind back to last summer and Barca’s interest in the French attacker was rife, however, they failed in a move to bring him to the Camp Nou having kept faith in Ousmane Dembele and Philippe Coutinho, who were both signed for over the £100m mark.

Griezmann publically announced before the World Cup last summer that he would be rejecting any move elsewhere and staying at Atleti, but with the summer approaching – rumours are starting to pick up again.

Those rumours have mainly developed after news that his release clause is set to drop come the end of the season to €120m and that has led multiple news sources in Spain to link the Catalan side once more.

And, Griezmann’s international team-mate Umtiti has said he would like to link up at club level: “I would be happy if Griezmann came to Barcelona, we would have a place for him,” he told Telefoot.

“He is performing very well in Madrid, he is happy there and is at team who plays around him, but who knows the future.”

WHY NOT READ:   La Liga on Saturday: Barcelona face Levante; Madrid host Real Betis

Barca, however, are not interested – with club officials deciding that he does not fit the profile of an attacker they are trying to find.

Rumours have continued though but they could end once and for all after Mundo Deportivo ran a poll for Barca fans to decide on a move for Griezmann.

91% of fans voted NO to signing the World Cup winner, with the remaining 9% saying yes.

Atleti are trailing Barcelona by ten points in the La Liga title race and have exited both the Champions League and Copa del Rey.