Levante and Villarreal will meet on Friday evening at Ciudad de Valencia with the visitors hoping they can stop conceding goals.
Javi Calleja’s start to the new season for the visitors looked hopeful when they led Granada on the opening day 4-2 at one point, but a lack of concentration saw the Yellow Submarine concede two late goals and settle for a draw.
And, it has been those types of mistakes that have cost the former Champions League regular’s – seeing them almost get relegated last term.
Calleja is now under more pressure than ever to succeed at the club and he will hoping his side can pick up three points and a clean sheet against rivals Levante.
The home side can blow hot and cold and they were the latter on the opening day, having seen them lose to Alaves courtesy of a goal from former Stoke City striker Joselu.
Team news via WhoScored.com
- Morales is expected to start in attack, with Levante able to deploy in either a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.
- Jorge Miramon should get the nod over Coke at right-back once again for the home side.
- Sergio Leon could make his first start of the season on the right-hand side of the attack for his new club.
- Alberto Moreno has been ruled out due to injury, meaning Xavi Quintilla should continue at left-back.
- Despite conceding four goals against Granada, Villarreal are expected to line up with the same starting XI.
- Javi Ontiveros won’t be ready for a potential start quite yet after signing from Malaga in midweek.
Levante: Fernandez, Miramon, Vezo, Postigo, Tono, Campana, Bardhi, Vukcevic, Leon, Morales, Mayoral
Villarreal: Fernandez, Pena, Albiol, Torres, Quintilla, Anguissa, Cazorla, Iborra, Gomez, Chukwueze, Moreno