Mallorca will host Athletic Bilbao at Son Moix on Friday evening as La Liga returns from the international break.
The Basque visitors have made an excellent start to the season which was propelled with an opening day win over champions Barcelona and they will go to the top of the table if they can claim all three points.
They are favourites after that victory over Ernesto Valverde’s side and a victory over Basque rivals Real Sociedad, and whilst summer signings were few and far between – excitement around the club is in full swing.
Mallorca are enjoying their long awaited return to the top flight and will look forward to testing themselves against one of the league’s mainstays.
Both sides are expected to keep the same starting elevens that gained them success before the international break.
Team News via Whoscored.com
- No changes are expected for Real Mallorca despite suffering consecutive defeats in matchdays two and three.
- Young loanee striker Cucho Hernandez is still set to be sidelined until mid-October with a hamstring injury.
- Joan Sastre and Iddrisu Baba will be looking to continue their very strong start to their first LaLiga campaign.
- No changes are expected from Gaizka Garitano from the team that beat Real Sociedad 2-0 in the Basque derby.
- Oscar de Marcos is still recovering from a sprained ankle, which will see Ander Capa and Iker Muniain continue down the right-hand side.
- Inigo Cordoba should retain his place on the left wing, while Unai Lopez will continue to prove his worth in midfield alongside Dani Garcia.
Predicted Line Ups
Reina – Agbenyenu, Raillo, Valjent, Sastre – Sevilla, Baba, Febas – Junior, Budimir, Rodriguez (4-3-3)
Athletic Club Team:
Simon – Yuri, Yeray, Martinez, Capa – Garcia, Lopez – Cordoba, Garcia, Muniain – Williams (4-2-3-1)