La Liga News 

Andre Gomes rejects move to Spurs

Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes rejected a deadline day move to Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports.

The Portuguese international may have arrived last summer at the Camp Nou for a fee of €35m but his time at the club has come under scrutiny by former players, coaches and the club’s fans.

Reportedly told he does not have a future under new boss Ernesto Valverde – Gomes was made available and offered to a number of clubs earlier this week, prompting Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino to show interest.

Gomes also received loan offers from West Ham United and Juventus, but it was Spurs who went full throttle to sign the former Valencia man on Thursday evening.

Whilst a permanent deal is said to have been discussed by Barca and Spurs – it was confirmed by various media sources that Gomes had infact rejected a contract offer from the North London based side and that the La Liga side only wanted a permanent deal.

The 24-year-old midfielder will now remain at the club and battle it out alongside Ivan Rakitic, Rafinha, Denis Suarez, Andres Iniesta, Paulinho, Arda Turan, Sergio Busquets and Sergi Roberto as midfield options.

Gomes featured 47 times for the Cules last season but played mainly from the substitutes bench.

Related posts

Leave a Comment