After the international break, Atleti welcome league leaders Barcelona for the fourth league game to be played at Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday, with the team focused on pushing up the La Liga Santander table.
The latest injury news from the club is the welcome return of Augusto Fernández to the centre of midfield after receiving the “OK” from medical staff a month after suffering a grade one strain to his right hamstring whilst on international duty with Argentina. Croatian right back Sime Vrsaljko has been diagnosed with muscle fatigue in his right hamstring and may not be 100% for the weekend’s match.
Betting company BWIN prepared stats for the club website in time for the upcoming match:
• Atletico Madrid have won the last four home matches in La Liga
• Ballon d’Or 2017 nominee Antoine Griezmann has scored in all three of the club’s official matches in the Wanda Metropolitano
• Fellow Ballon d’Or nominee Jan Oblak has a kept a clean sheet in four of the last five La Liga matches
• Ángel Correa and Yannick Carrasco are the club’s top goal scorers in the league so far this season, with three goals each
• Carrasco and Griezmann both scored in the last home match in La Liga
Despite the confusion regarding the number of tickets the away support has received for the match, the club are making sure there’ll be an atmosphere prior to kick off, with a “party greeting our fans in the outside areas of the stadium” with Fan Zones playing music and food trucks opening from midday all the way to when stadium doors open at 19:15 CET.