Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has told reporters that he is unsure when Gareth Bale will return to action.
The Welsh winger returned to action for the reigning La Liga champions last Tuesday evening in the Copa del Rey but suffered another injury which saw him miss the weekend fixture against Athletic Bilbao.
Having missed the majority of Madrid’s back end of last season which saw them win the league and Champions League title; Bale’s place and future in the starting eleven is now beginning to look bleak.
It was expected that the former Tottenham Hotspur man could return for the midweek clash with Borussia Dortmund but Zidane has now quashed those claims.
“I don’t know when he will play. Sevilla depends on when he can train with us. He’s training on the grass but still not with the team. He’ll travel to Abu Dhabi [for the Club World Cup], for sure,” he told reporters when quizzed on the Welshman.
The former Spurs player has had a total of 13 injuries at the Spanish club, missing over 200 days of football.
His latest injury on his calf muscle is the sixth of its kind, forcing him to lose his starting place to in-form and talented Spanish midfielder Isco last season and in the current campaign.
Both former club Spurs and Manchester United are said to be keen on a move next summer and it has been previously claimed that Madrid officials are planning a tentative move to offer his services elsewhere.