Inter Milan confirm Deulofeu interest, but no formal offer

Inter Milan confirm Deulofeu interest, but no formal offer

January 8, 2018 Off By Sports Writer

Inter Milan have confirmed that they are considering a move for Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu, but are yet to make a formal offer.

The 23-year-old Spaniard returned to Barca in the summer but his playing time under boss Ernesto Valverde has been less than ample, spending time on the bench and even, out of the match-day squad altogether.

Having spent time on loan with AC Milan last season, it was expected that he will join Serie A leaders Inter in a similar six month deal, although some reports claimed it could be for two years.

Diario Sport reported earlier this week that a move was complete with the return of Ousmane Dembele from injury further restricting his playing time at the Camp Nou.

However, that has now been conflicted with Roma said to have made a last ditch move for the former Everton man.

Sporting Director Monchi is keen to raid La Liga and wants Deulofeu to improve their attacking options.

Football Italia also report that both Inter and Roma, and Piero Ausillio from Inter has confirmed the former’s interest, saying:

“There have been no formal offers for Deulofeu, but we are paying attention to the situation. If there are the conditions to try something, we know the characteristics we are looking for. Deulofeu could be the right profile, but he isn’t the only one,” Ausilio told Mediaset Premium.

WHY NOT READ:   La Liga 1|2|3 Round Up Week 10: Around the Grounds

The Spain international has started just five league games this season, scoring once and it is understood that he wants to find first football in what he hopes will see his place at next summer’s World Cup cemented.