Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and boss Zinedine Zidane have reportedly clashed over the signing of Athletic Club keeper Kepa.
Long have Madrid been keen admirers of the young Basque stopper and it has been reported that a deal is being discussed by all parties.
Spanish daily Marca reported that a deal had been agreed earlier in December, which they said would be formally completed following Madrid’s participation in the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi.
However, they failed to materialise, meaning negotiations have now begun over a potential January move or a free transfer in the summer.
And, according to further reports, it seems Kepa has already signed a contract at the Santiago Bernabeu, said to be a six year deal.
Following on from those reports, La Liga News UK understands that the young stopper had a medical last Thursday at the Bernabeu.
Perez, who has been keen to move for a new keeper for some-time, has however, become unhappy with Zidane’s comments recently about the current squad, of which the Frenchman said did not need improving.
El Transistor report that the two have fallen out regarding the pending arrival of Kepa, claiming that Zidane is happy with current keeper options, Keylor Navas and Kiko Casilla.
Diario AS also report that Kepa will be forced to undergo surgery on an injury problem before he moves to the Bernabeu, making his move doubtful this month.